For full product details and specifications, please visit the product page at nooelec.com
A high-quality, high-performance bandstop filter designed for software defined radio (SDR) applications. Designed and manufactured by NooElec in the United States.
Broadcast AM can be particularly problematic due to the high-powered transmitters used for broadcasting in some areas. These signals can overload the front end of an SDR, causing imaging and a number of other issues. As such, Distill:AM makes a great companion to our Ham It Up series of HF upconverters.
We designed Distill:AM to provide sufficient attenuation for broadcast AM frequencies (>40dB typical) while ensuring adjacent bands, such as 160m, are minimally affected. The -3dB rolloff of the filter is 350kHz and 1900kHz. Minimal out-of-band insertion loss means the filter can stay in place for most any application, though we do recommend removing Distill:AM from your setup when not listening to HF frequencies. As a true bandstop filter, you are able to pass-through DC (bias power) when it is required.
DC current handling is 250mA (min), and the maximum recommended signal level is +18dBm (5Vp-p), so there is no issue using the filter for higher-power applications. Typical performance characteristics can be found on the downloads tab of the product page on our website.
Distill:AM has its filter circuitry fully shielded with an EMI frame, and has its front end protected by an ESD diode meant for RF applications.
2 mounting holes are available on the PCB for various mounting options, and the SMA hardware (washer and nut) is included.
- A high-quality, high-performance bandstop filter designed to attenuate broadcast AM for software defined radio (SDR) applications. Bandstop design means the filter will pass DC (bias-t power)
- Makes a great companion to the Ham It Up or Ham It Up Plus upconverter! Distill:AM will also greatly improve performance of RTL-SDRs which utilize direct sampling hacks to receive HF
- Distill:AM has its filter circuitry fully shielded with an EMI frame, and has its front end protected by an ESD diode meant for RF applications
- -3dB rolloff frequencies: 350kHz & 1900kHz; attenuation (typical): 40dB; DC current handling: 250mA (min); AC signal level handling: +18dBm (min)
- Designed and manufactured by NooElec in the United States. Full 2 year product warranty directly through NooElec